Explore Online Resources
The Florida Holocaust Museum is a steward of Holocaust education. Online resources help encourage critical thinking, personal growth, and awareness of the ongoing threat of dehumanization. Explore, engage, and share to join us in the fight against antisemitism and other forms of hatred and prejudice.
Our Education Team is happy to schedule a grade-appropriate virtual lesson with you and your students. You can also invite a Survivor or a Second Generation (adult child of Holocaust Survivors) into your virtual classroom through our “Across Generations: Conversations with Survivors and their Descendants” program. Please let us know if you would like to use the Virtual Classroom option and we will work on finding dates and subject matter that work for you and your class. For more information or to book a virtual lesson, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Field Trips
Docent-led virtual tours cannot be guaranteed less than 30 days in advance. Your reservation must be confirmed by the Tour Coordinator. PLEASE CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR TEST DAYS, IN-SERVICE, AND OTHER SCHOOL EVENTS TO BE CERTAIN OF AVAILABILITY FOR VIRTUAL FIELD TRIPS. PLEASE HAVE APPROVAL FOR YOUR VISIT PRIOR TO REQUESTING A TOUR. A Museum virtual visit is appropriate for students in the fifth grade or above. Please complete the tour request form. All groups MUST be booked online and student groups must have a docent. All tours are confirmed in writing by email by The FHM staff. Docent-led tours are available for groups between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. There is no participant limit. Please have at least three alternate dates in mind when arranging for your tour. Fees: Virtual Field Trips are free. Book your tour here
Virtual Teaching Trunks
Click here to see how you can access the reading materials virtually: Virtual Teaching Trunks
Our Facebook Page has a series of education-oriented posts. You do not need a Facebook account to access the content. Visit us at https://www.facebook.com/TheFHM and explore archived video lessons.
The FHM ON24 Suite
ON24: We also offer free, pre-recorded programs on demand through The FHM’s ON24 suite. Educators need to fill out a registration form to obtain permanent access to these webcasts.
- View all programs currently available on-demand on our website.
- Download a PDF with a full list of webcasts currently available.
- All these options are completely free. Please contact us at: Education@TheFHM.org with any questions and requests.
The FHM Mobile App
Listen to our audio tour, watch interviews with Holocaust Survivors, interact with artifacts, and much more! Access the web app here or download the app to your smartphone from the App Store or Google Play! Search for The Florida Holocaust Museum.
Self-Guided Virtual Tour
The goal of the project is to bring the historical and educational resources and the visual experience of the Museum’s permanent exhibition to a wider audience and to preserve the content of the exhibition. Access the Virtual Tour here.
- Museum Guide for Educators has images and activities corresponding with our core exhibition. You are welcome to download it and use it online in your virtual classroom.
- Clips from Survivor testimonies: Include a short description and are a powerful first-hand testimony that you can include in your virtual lessons.
- Our collection of art and artifacts is searchable!: A powerful resource for any Holocaust topic you are teaching.
- Our YouTube channel has a variety of content you can use anytime
Share Your Feedback
We look forward to hearing about your experience with The FHM’s virtual resources. Please take this brief survey to share your feedback.