- This event has passed.
Voices of Experience: Personal Stories of the Civil Rights Struggle and Insights on the Voting Rights Act
September 24, 2015 @ 5:30 pm
A Florida Blue Community Conversation panel discussion featuring:
- Askia Muhammad Aquil, activist, social reformer, religious leader and community builder
- Rene Flowers, Pinellas County School Board Member, District 7
- Dr. Joyce Hamilton Henry, Director of Advocacy for the American Civil Liberties Union of Florida
- Harry Harvey, Vice-Chair, City of St. Petersburg Housing Authority and Voter Ambassador for the Voter Registration and Education Department of the Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections Office
- Stephanie Owens Royster, Acting Deputy Director, Office of Intergovernmental and External Affairs, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Special guest St. Petersburg Deputy Mayor Dr. Kanika Tomalin will provide opening remarks for the evening’s program.
Presented in partnership with the League of Women Voters of the St. Petersburg Area, the Pinellas County Urban League, and Pinellas Technical College.
Free and open to the public. Please click here to register for the event online.
Community Conversations are brought to you through our Programmatic Partnership with Florida Blue.
Presented in partnership with:
Thanks to our Community Partners: