WE SHARE THE SAME SKY
We Share The Same Sky is an exhibition that tells the story of Holocaust survivor Hana Dubová and her granddaughter, Rachael Cerrotti, who spent more than a decade retracing her grandmother’s wartime history. You will meet people of the past and present who show us how the retelling of family history becomes history itself. The exhibition is told in Rachael’s voice and the included correspondence, photographs, and other media were documented by her or found in her grandmother’s archive. This exhibition aims to encourage all of us to be curious about where we come from and why it matters. Hana asks what her story means to the next generation and Rachael does her best to find out.
Free Resources for Educators:
- Watch a free teacher training presented at The Florida Holocaust Museum by the guest curator, Rachael Cerrotti, on how to use the podcast and book in your classroom. Sign up for free to watch the training and download at certificate for professional development credit when completed.
- Listen to the podcast on IWitness. Or listen to it on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and other podcast streaming services.
- Educators and students can read the eBook for free with The FHM’s Virtual Library. Recommended for grades 11 – 12 due to mature content. Sign up for a free account to start reading.
- You can also purchase a copy of the book in person at The Florida Holocaust Museum’s Gift Shop or online through several retailers.
- Access the free Companion Educational Resource, created by the USC Shoah Foundation and Echoes & Reflections, to supplement the podcast.